Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My 21st Birthday Weekend






Just as Jessica and Jeff were leaving, I welcome three more guests into Berlin. Joshua, my dearest friend Addysen and her boyfriend Cameron came to Berlin for my birthday weekend! They all arrived on Thursday and we spent the weekend seeing the sights. On my actual birthday, we walked around the Kollwitzplatz market—one of my favorite things in Berlin. We enjoyed delicious treats from the different stands and hid in an apartment entrance while it poured for a good 10 minutes. Then we got MORE delicious goodies at one of my favorite cafes in Berlin “Anne Blumen.” After some rest back at my apartment, we got dinner at a little restaurant in Prenzlauer Berg (my favorite district of Berlin). Then we went to a place called the “Weinerei” where you pay 2 Euros for a wineglass and then refill it as many times as you’d like (or are able). At the end of the night, you pay as much as you think you should. It’s a great place to just sit back and enjoy talking with your friends. An assortment of couches, coffee tables and chairs makes it feel like you’re relaxing in your friend’s living room.
I was so thankful to spend my big 21st birthday with my closest friends from home, school and that I’ve met here. All of my friends were too giving and I received some great presents that I’ll cherish. I can’t believe how old I’m getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment