Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Neue Nationalgalerie... round two






As my time wears down in Berlin, I’m making the rounds of my “bucket list” for Berlin. On Wednesday morning, I had a German oral final but was done for the day by 10am. After going to Starbucks to get some studying done for my written exam, I headed out to the Neue Nationalgalerie. I had already visited this museum with my art history class but wanted to visit it again in order to see all the paintings I couldn’t soak in the first time. It’s a great museum who’s collection has an interesting history, as some of it was displayed in the “Degenerate Art” exhibition the Nazi party created in the years leading up the WWII.
Most exciting was that three of the works of art I wrote about in my art history research paper are IN this museum. I wrote on WWI’s influence on the Dada and New Objectivity art movements. It was great standing in front of the George Grosz, Otto Dix and Hannah Hoech paintings I had written about.

No comments:

Post a Comment