Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Berlin Philharmonic.... perfection.




The FU- Best Program (the program I came to Berlin through) lets you choose three events in the city you want to attend and that they can provide you tickets with. This past Saturday night I attended the Berlin Philharmonic near Potsdamer Platz with some friends. To sum up the evening-- AMAZING. The venue was beautiful inside and outside, our seats were perfect (one level up from the ground level looking just over the composer's left shoulder), and the music was unbelievable. The pianist who performed the first half played for over 30 minutes without sheet music.... wow. It was such a memorable experience being in Berlin and being able to do something I wouldn't usually have the option to do. Plus, I got to dress up and wear some heels! Luckily, my fantastic friends lent me an arm to prevent any slippage in the ice... We ended the night with french fries and ice cream at the McDonald's by our apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment