Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentinstag in Deutschland!







Happy belated Valentine’s Day! February’s holiday of love is definitely not as widespread here in Germany as it is in the States. There are no sappy Hallmark commercials or aisles of red in the supermarkets, however, that was not going to keep me from celebrating!
I hosted a Valentine’s Day brunch in my apartment for my girlfriends. I managed to find heart designed garland to string along my ceiling, then Deborah and I cut out hearts to pin on our shirts (straight out of the movie “Julie and Julia”). I also taped hearts of all shapes around my room.
Carolyn and I made (amazing) French toast although finding syrup was a challenge, Deborah made incredible house potatoes, Christina brought delicious bacon, Cadence and Sadie brought fresh fruit and Maddie brought chocolate croissants. Emilie provided orange juice to make mimosas! Needless to say, we stuffed ourselves silly and finished with some chocolate… it wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without it!
It was a relaxing way to start our week of midterms... The rest of the day was filled with attempting to study while juicing the fact that it was Valentine’s Day and eating a year’s worth of candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment