Friday, January 8, 2010

First Days

Hello world! I am in Berlin! Took a while to get internet, but I'm plugged in now and a happy girl. These first few days have been busy with orientation- exploring the campus, getting settled into my apartment and getting used to the snow. It is quite beautiful and cold but I am definitely enjoying it. Two more days of orientation then school starts on Monday morning. I will be taking a German language course; Berlin: History, Memory, Literature; German Philosophy; and an Art History class.

So far one of the funniest experiences was in a McDonalds. I never find myself going there in the USA but my friend Sam and I went to grab some fries and found ourselves hearing Prince and Bob Marley. I have yet to hear any German music in stores. I was in a mall today and a store was playing "miama" by Will Smith!

No comments:

Post a Comment