Monday, January 18, 2010

Kathe Kollwitz Museum

On my Wednesday afternoon free, I made my way to the Kathe Kollwitz Museum. She was a German painter, sculpture and print maker who focused a lot of her work on social issues of the time-- war, hunger, government. The museum was in a Charlottenberg, a nice district of the city with beautiful old buildings and amazing shopping. The museum itself is a beautiful four story building full of her work and it was exciting to see so many prints I have only studied in art classes. I was only one of three people in the entire museum that day, so I took my time and enjoyed my first time out in the city by myself. It was a fascinating feeling of independence realizing that I was alone in a foreign country-- and totally fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment