Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Back in my Natural Habitat: Movies!






This past weekend I indulged in some good ole’ American movies. I found a theater company called “Yorck Theaters” that play American films in their original version. (Mostly with German subtitles). I took myself on a date and caught “Up in the Air” at the Babylon in Kreuzberg. Then on Thursday, Deborah and I ditched stammtisch (our program’s weekly meeting at a bar) to see the Cohen brothers’ “A Serious Man” at the Rollberg Kino. Then on Friday, Deborah, James, Carolyn and I saw “Crazy Heart” at the Babylon. Luckily, all three films were incredible and I was happy to see Jeff Bridges win for Crazy Heart.
I forgot how much I LOVE going to the movies. I felt right back at home once the lights dimmed and the trailers started. Perfect weekend…

2 comments:

  1. Haven't had a chance to see Crazy Heart....yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evening at the Movies.....you can find everything....I am amazed....glad you enjoyed yourself....how was the Popcorn?????

    ReplyDelete