Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day Three: Back in Bilbao





We took a bus back to Bilbao in the afternoon after enjoying a nice breakfast at a café in San Sebastian. The ride back was pretty breathtaking along the coast, weaving in and out of small towns that hugged the Atlantic Coast. Back in Bilbao, the afternoon was spent relaxing before we went to a ballet flamenco performance. Sara Baras, who apparently is a big deal in the dancing world, was in Bilbao and Josh snagged us tickets. I enjoyed the performance but I’m not sure if I understand flamenco dancing too much. Something with the seriousness of the stomping that threw me, as I would giggle at times when the dancers threw their arms in the arm with a sort of ‘I know I’m amazing’ look on their face. However, there was a live band with a couple Spanish guitar players that kept me more than entertained the entire time. Afterwards, we stumbled upon a restaurant called “La Deliciouso” which was nothing short of delicious. Along with many things on this break, I was thankful to enjoy eating so much meat. My bones appreciated some protein as I enjoyed an incredible steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment