Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day Four: My Supposed Last Day in Bilbao







On Monday morning, I walked with Josh to his university, which is perfectly situated across the river from the Guggenheim. I took a walk along the river back to the elevator we had taken on day one. At the top of the hill there is a large park called Etxebarria Park. The park has a great view of the city and is filled with older couples or groups of older men walking their daily tracks around the grassy fields. I took a stroll through the park and watched dogs playing, babies being pushed in strollers by their grandfathers and tried not to be blown over by the wind. I then strolled back down to the Casco Viejo district and stumbled upon a charming church where I got to listen to the organ player fill the church with some haunting tunes.
After meeting back up with Josh, we took a “funicular” up to a hill overlooking Bilbao. We picnicked it with a bottle of wine and a baguette and cheese and enjoyed the view, once the wind died down of course.
After packing up my bags back at Josh’s apartment, we spent my supposed last night in Bilbao enjoying “pintxos” at some bars. Pintxos are small snacks placed on the bar that act on an honor system at the end of the night when it comes to paying. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment