Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Berlin's MOMA





Deborah (my amazing, reliable, museum date friend) and I spent Saturday afternoon at the Berlinische Galerie for an assignment for our art history class (see we’re doing work!). I really enjoyed this museum. The bottom floor had modern art made within the past decade ranging from paintings, photographs, metal work and an Arc de Triumph structure made out of pizza boxes. My favorite though wasn’t a “piece” of art you could see. Connecting the first and second floor of the museum galleries, there is a long staircase. All the way down the staircase there are small speakers and every five-ten minutes the sound of a ping pong ball falling down the stairs fills the gallery. I giggled every time it happened… especially watching people figure out where the noise was coming from.
Upstairs there were “early modern” art including several works Deborah and I had been tested on in our art history midterm just a couple weeks before.

Pictures: Me with a work called “Eyecatcher” (pretty enjoyable, nice visual pun), Me on the ping-pong staircase, Me with a work titled “Head of a Woman” by Naum Gabo (this was the only slide identification I missed on my midterm… grrr)

1 comment: