Monday, March 29, 2010

Vienna Day 7: Friday 26th






-Spanish Riding Show: Maddie, Deborah, Tessa and I started the morning by watching the morning exercises of the famous L. horses. This has been a tradition for 430 years in one of the most beautiful and oldest riding halls in the world. The easiest way to describe it is as a horse ballet.
-St. Stephen’s Cathedral: After enjoying gelato and soaking up the sun, Deborah and I strolled inside St. Stephen’s Cathedral. It was decorated for Lent and was beautiful.
-Belvedere Museum: Deborah, Sadie, Maddie and I visited this incredible museum in southern Vienna. It is in a old palace whose garden overlook downtown Vienna. The highlight was Gustav Klimt’s The Kiss. This painting has been a favorite of mine, it made me realize how much I love art. It was overwhelming how beautiful it was…
-Yelling Room: One room in this museum was empty besides a sign that read “Scream as loud as you can, NOW” in four languages. Sadie, Deborah and I mustered up the courage and screamed at the top of our lungs. In response, a loud breathing noise came over the speakers and the lights on the chandeliers came on and off.

No comments:

Post a Comment